Friday, December 16, 2011

Total Recall 2070

This television series came out back in 1999 & to be honest I hadn’t heard much about it other than it was somehow linked to Blade Runner.  Recently I’ve been kinda getting into Philip K. Dick & I stumbled across this playing for free on Hulu.

So it’s named after Total Recall, which doesn’t even really make a lot of sense as the movie came out back in 1990 & I’m sure doesn’t have the cult status of Blade Runner which this is closer related to in pretty much every way.  It’s a story about a beat cop in a world where corporations have more power than the government, people routinely get memories implanted or erased, & the current slave class of androids is rising to true sentience & intelligence.  I’m not going to say this is a great show in the same way I would something like Breaking Bad, but it is better than most sci-fi shows (I’ll give a nod to the recent Battlestar Galactica franchise & my always beloved Doctor Who) in that it doesn’t devolve into just an action show even given that it is in essence a cop show like Law & Order.  Also even though it clearly ends able to be continued it does resolve a lot of the plots it brings up a lot better than most television series.  So it’s not for everybody, maybe it’s only for hardcore geeks, but you could definitely fall to sleep watching worse programs & I liked it despite it’s occasional over-acting & semi-predictable plots.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.

  © Blogger template 'Darken' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP