Tuesday, May 10, 2011

The Wrestler

So I finally saw this movie.  As most of you know I don’t really seek out movies most of the time & though I wanted to see this movie based on the stars & director, I never got around to it.  So yeah, it’s a great movie.  It’s undeniable.  I also feel like I might never want to see it again.  I feel like it hits me a little too close to home.  A guy that’s a washed up has been at what he loves to do is dying from complications of it & after a few months of retirement he decides he’d rather die doing what he loves than stay alive.  Also it’s not portrayed that he’s a super good guy or a super bad guy, just a regular dude in the end with good & bad traits – so who we are instead of who we want to be.  So anyway, it’s a good movie & it’s fucking depressing & I’m not at a happy enough point in my life where I can appreciate it like I would have 15 years ago.  So if you want to see a good movie that’s depressing, check this one out; if you want a bad movie or a good time – stay away.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.

  © Blogger template 'Darken' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP